Friday, February 3, 2012

5 Question Friday

I decided to link up with Mama M today because some of her "5 Question Friday" questions tie in perfectly with my goal here... to drop these dreaded lbs!  Which, I may have lost a few but I refuse to step on the scale today since I ate at Olive Garden yesterday.  I will say that I went with water instead of soda (except for a few sips from the hubby's glass) and for the first time we didn't devour the entire bread basket.  I'd say we did BETTER than we normally would so I'm calling it a success!

On to the questions:

1.  What have you recently done that you are proud of?

Starting this blog.  For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm making a commitment to my health.  That's a HUGE step for me.  I have been working out everyday and I am starting to see a difference in not just my weight but also how I feel.  I walk quicker, I move easier, I feel better.  And dare I say it, but I may actually enjoy working out?!?!  Crazy!

2.  What is your favorite way to work out?  Or if you don't work out, what are wanting to try?

I am LOVING pilates right now!  My favorite are these from the Pop Pilates series.  There are a bunch of shorter ones that I can easily fit into my schedule and they are definitely helping me get my stomach muscles back.

I am also enjoying doing kickboxing to get some cardio in.

3.  If you knew your best friend was cheating on spouse would you tell?

This is kinda tough but I would have to say no.  My loyalty would be to my bff but my bff would NEVER!  Let me clarify, because I feel cheating is a HUGE no no and if one of my friends did stray I would have a problem with it.  However, I would discuss it with them not their spouse.  That's there responsibility.

4.  If you could afford a live in maid or nanny, would you have one?

I would say yes, except I really don't think I would like someone living with me knowing all my business.  A maid would be nice once a week though.

As for a nanny, no.  As much as taking care of my girls consumes almost every minute of my day, I love being with them.  I actually met 2 nannies the other day and the one was smoking a cigarette while holding the little girls hand!  I couldn't believe it!  If I was that girls mom, that woman would not be taking care of my child.  Then again, maybe the mom doesn't know... that's the scary part.

5.  Do you stress about birthdays (specifically the age) or do you enjoy them?

I have to say that turning 30 last year was hard for me.  I dreaded it.  My bday is actually next week and honestly, the age part bothers me.  I enjoy the day but the growing older part is not so fun.  It's amazing how much changes from 21 to 31.  Ten years ago, I was so different.  My life was so different.  My body was so different.  I love my life now but I would love to have the energy that comes with being in my 20's.  Hopefully, my healthy lifestyle will help me get some of that back (if my kiddos don't keep sucking the energy right out of me!).

So, there's my answers!  If you want to link up then stop on over by Mama M's place!

No comments:

Post a Comment