Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hello... It's Been Awhile

My absence can only be explained in one word:  FLU.

My whole house has had it, including the 3 month old.  NOT FUN!

My husband lost 5lbs.  I. Lost. ZERO!!!!

Yes, even the flu doesn't hinder my appetite.  Figures!

I know exactly what I did wrong and I am grateful that I didn't gain.  Dealing with 2 sick kids (and a husband) leaves little time for preparing healthy meals and snacks.  I found myself starving at certain points of the day and grabbing whatever was on hand:  cake, crackers, girl scout cookies.  Basically, anything quick and bad for me that I could eat while doing other things.

And this week is no better because we are away.  It is so hard to stay on track when you're not at home.  I have felt like complete junk for 2 days because of the soda, ice cream, heavy meals.  So, yesterday I went to the store and bought some healthy stuff because at least for breakfast and lunch I want to behave.

I just wish that the bad stuff didn't taste so good... I NEED STRENGTH!!!

And a faster metabolism!

1 comment:

  1. The flu stinks! I think I will start weight watchers. I think it might be a great thing. I have been walking a lot, but need to change my diet. I hope you are doing well my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete